Tuesday, February 4, 2014

You've Got A Friend In Me

Kelci recently saw the newest Disney movie, Frozen. She liked it...said it was good. However, she did say that for her it wasn't a Disney Classic. We began discussing some of the Disney Classics and some of the obvious ones came up: The Lion King, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, and of course Toy Story! There were many more. But for me, those ones are special. They are the Disney Classics I grew up on, loved as a child and still love to this day. 



For the movie Toy Story the song "You've Got A Friend In Me" was written by Randy Newman. This song is just real good. It might even be a song that emotionally stirs you in the right context. I have no shame in admitting that I have this song on my iPod and listen to it regularly. I would recommend you getting it too, it is just a perfect song. Here are the lyrics to the song. But go find it on YouTube or something and give it a listen.



You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got troubles, I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be
A little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever love you
The way I do, it's me and you boy

And as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me 

Kelci and I are blessed to have some really good friends (and that includes our family). A week or so ago, some of our friends put on a going away party for us. It was the last time that we were going to be in Edmond and it was so good to get together and feel our friends' love, encouragement and support. It means the world to us to know that our friends are behind us in this new journey of our life. There is no way we could be embarking on this new chapter without you and we hope you know that.


We hope that you are as blessed as us by the friendships you have. This song has been coming to my mind over the past couple weeks because it really does hit home for us right now. I cannot stress enough how important our friends are to us. We may be miles and miles away from you...but we KNOW that we have a friend in all of you. We KNOW that you all are praying for us and thinking about us. We KNOW who we can call on when things get rough. We KNOW you would do anything for us. And we KNOW that our friendship will never die. We love you all! Thanks so much for blessing us with your relationships. We can only hope and pray that we find friends as special as you in Brazil.

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship." - Thomas Aquinas

- Kelly and Kelci


1 comment:

  1. I'd like to encourage you to discover the Michael Buble version of this song. WAY better voice! ;)

    ReplyDelete